ABOUT PARTNERING WITH TIPS
TIPS works with our K-12 school partners to support students’ proficiency in English, Language Arts, & Math to help students meet the following goals:
- Achieve typical or high growth in core subjects as measured by state & local assessments.
- Pass core courses with grades of C or better.
- Make gains on the state English language proficiency assessment for English language learners.
- Develop social-emotional skills.
- Advance to the next grade level on time.
- Engage in expanded learning programs.
TIPS recognizes that school personnel are the true experts of their students’ needs. We encourage you to place your tutors in roles that fit these specific needs. For example:
- Tutors at Northgate, John Muir and Rainier View run small group reading interventions.
- West Seattle teachers & tutors work together to support whole classroom environments.
- Tutors at Cleveland STEM & Lincoln HS work alongside teachers in the classroom & facilitate homework help during lunch.
- Chief Sealth HS tutors started a drop in tutoring center open before, during, & after school.
- West Seattle & Ingraham HS integrate tutors into their staff community, utilizing them as case managers as well as academic tutors.
Read testimonies from our current schools sharing how partnering with TIPS will benefit your students & teachers
“I have never worked with a partner so helpful in drafting a contract compliant with district requirements and timelines. The staffing process was tailored to exactly what we needed; we were able to hire counseling students to assist in supporting students with social emotional needs in addition to tutors who provide interventions for students falling below academic expectations.” -Principal
“TIPS tutors have formed such meaningful relationships with our students that for some of them, that relationship is the reason they show up to school each day. Whether it is playing a game of kickball or working with a classroom teacher to individualize instruction, the presence of TIPS tutors is alive within our school community.” -Reading Intervention Specialist
“The TIPS tutors were such an incredible support to me in my classroom this year! They alleviated a lot of classroom management problems by giving students more 1 on 1 support and offering another caring adult in the room.” -Teacher
“Without these supports, our most at-risk students would not receive individualized one-on-one support that has been vital to our excellent course passing rates over the past four years.” -Principal