OUR SCHOOL PARTNERSHIPS...
benefit students, teachers and school communities. A TIPS tutor provides direct support to students, extends teachers’ capacity to meet classroom needs, and allows administrators to target specific intervention areas.
- Our tutoring happens predominantly during the school day and is free for students, allowing us to reach more students.
- Our tutors have a whole-hearted approach, providing emotional and social support as well as academic assistance.
- Tutors may work 1-on-1 with struggling students, provide small group interventions, support whole classroom environments, and more!
- We work across the region in public schools, grades K-12, and in any subject area. Tutors can help in-person or online.
- Our tutors are in the classroom to support both students and teachers. When teachers are better supported, they do their job better.
- We understand that schools know their own needs best, so our model allows partner schools to decide what roles they want tutors to fill on a local basis.
- Schools contract with TIPS to provide paid tutoring services. We in turn provide full employment services and hire culturally responsive tutors for school communities.
- Our tutors are aspiring teachers, college students, graduates, career switchers, parents, long time school volunteers and more.
- Schools are able to make valuable connections with tutors and open doors for a pipeline of potential future educators.