a nonprofit organization addressing equity gaps in public education. We impact students, teachers, and school communities, providing representative, culturally responsive classroom tutors to enable student and school success.
Our unique, flexible model emphasizes collaboration to optimize tutor placements based on need and availability. TIPS manages all employment-related requirements for school partners, facilitating communication and administration for excellent program support.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE
While other nonprofit tutoring programs promote particular interventions or curricula, our model allows schools to define and adapt each tutor’s role to address immediate or emerging needs within the school or classroom.
WE HIRE AND PAY TUTORS
- We hire highly capable, caring tutors who enhance classroom diversity and believe in the power of education.
- We provide training for tutors to ensure they are culturally responsive, equity focused, and inclusion minded.
- Schools contract with TIPS to provide paid tutoring services. TIPS in turn provides full employment services and hires tutors.
WE PARTNER WITH SCHOOLS
- We hire and place qualified tutors to match the interests and skill needs of each individual school and classroom.
- We offer tutoring to address a wide range of needs, from early elementary literacy, to high school graduation credit recovery, to specific interventions.
Our partner schools receive the classroom supports they need, when and where they need it, on site, with supervising coordinators in the building.
WE GENERATE SUPPORT TO STRENGTHEN COMMUNITY
- We raise funds to place tutors in classrooms and schools that cannot afford to meet students’ supplemental support needs.
- We support learning needs and healthy school environments. With TIPS tutor assistance, teachers can teach & students can learn in well-supported school communities without adding time, transportation, or financial barriers.